PATCH: usb-storage-psc1350-v4.patch (was Linux scsi / usb-mass-storage and HP printer cardreader bug + fix)

Stefan Richter stefanr at s5r6.in-berlin.de
Mon Jan 14 18:40:01 UTC 2008

James Bottomley wrote:
> On Mon, 2008-01-14 at 08:03 -0800, Matthew Dharm wrote:
>> >
>> > This is not possible AFAIK, I've already wrote a blog post about this
>> > asking for people to test this, but got no responses.
>>
>> Once the patches are accepted by the SCSI people, one of the things we can
>> consider doing is enabling this quirk for all USB devices.
>> We may be able to convince the SCSI people to enable it for all devices,
>> regardless of HCD.
>
> No ... I'm not particularly keen to have enterprise vendors after my
> blood ...

Guillaume, you can tell the SCSI core driver at boot time (or module
insertion time) and/or at runtime to
  - switch on default quirk flags,
  - add quirk flags for selected devices per name matching.

Alas I don't know of a good documention how to do either of this, and I
am not familiar enough with the procedure to explain it here.
--
Stefan Richter