booting with pcmcia cisco wireless card freezes on rawhide kernels

Eric Paris eparis at redhat.com
Wed Jan 30 14:24:27 UTC 2008

F8 system + rawhide kernel, mkinitrd, and udev (although it happened
with just the rawhide kernel).  Booting with the F8 kernel works
flawlessly.  Booting the rawhide kernel causes udev to hang for a while
and eventually give some message about a udev timeout and it will
continue in the background.  It then gets to show 'bringing up loopback
interface' but never says 'bringing up eth0' and the machine hangs there
forever.

If I remove the PCMCIA wireless card the system boots cleanly and I can
insert it and everything works fine.

Anyone heard of anything like this?