OT - High amount of spam on this list

Dave Jones davej at redhat.com
Tue Mar 25 19:33:24 UTC 2008

On Tue, Mar 25, 2008 at 12:18:38PM -0700, Andrew Farris wrote:
 > Rui Tiago Cação Matos wrote:
 > > Hi,
 > >
 > > Is it just me that is receiving a lot of spam on this list? Other
 > > fedora lists I'm subscribed to don't seem to suffer from this. Can
 > > anyone have a look at it?
 >
 > No its actually going to the whole list, I get it too and they are in the
 > archive if you go look for them.  I'm on 4 redhat lists and this is the only one
 > I get spam on though, and it comes from various people so its not just one
 > compromised machine.  I only see one spam message every couple days, so its not
 > really that bad, but less spam is always a good thing.

I've not seen anything make to to my inbox from the list that hasn't been
caught by spamassassin.   The posting rules to the list aren't as restricted
as they are to other lists, as it's already been really useful to Cc:
upstream developers (who aren't necessarily on the list) into discussions here,
without having to go approve messages for every post.

I just added some more taboo subjects to the mailman filter, so that might
catch some of those that are slipping through.

	Dave

--
http://www.codemonkey.org.uk