Rawhide kernel debuginfo size more than doubled!

Jarod Wilson jwilson at redhat.com
Mon Mar 31 17:17:59 UTC 2008

On Monday 31 March 2008 03:00:00 am Ananth N Mavinakayanahalli wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Updating my rawhide box, I found:
>
> kernel-debuginfo i686 2.6.25-0.172.rc7.git4.fc9 rawhide-debuginfo 47 k
> kernel-debuginfo-common i686 2.6.25-0.172.rc7.git4.fc9 rawhide-debuginfo
> 486 M
>
> - Did anything in the F9 builds change that lead to this more than
> two-fold increase in the debuginfo size?
> - Or is it that the "common" rpm needs updation once every kernel
> release with just "updates" for every update to the same release
> thereafter?

There's a problem with some of the changes I made to add arch to our uname -r
output screwing with debuginfo a bit. The size isn't double though.

Before
------
kernel-debuginfo: ~198M
kernel-debuginfo-common: ~32M

Now
---
kernel-debuginfo: 47k
kernel-debuginfo-common: 230M

So same size overall, I just haven't got all the bits getting into the right
sub-packages. Working on fixing that now.

--
Jarod Wilson
jwilson at redhat.com