WebCam drivers ...

Clinton Lee Taylor clintonlee.taylor at gmail.com
Mon Mar 31 18:35:44 UTC 2008

Greetings ...

>   >  I have three USB WebCam's myself
>   > - 05a9:a511 OmniVision Technologies, Inc. OV511+ WebCam (Creative )
> This one has been working for many years now with the ov511 module.
 It does basically does, but the colours are a little off, but I
should try the latest source ...

>   > - 05a9:8519 OmniVision Technologies, Inc. OV519 WebCam (D-Link)
> This one probably works with the out of tree variant of the same driver.
>  (For some reason, the author stopped updating the kernel.org variant)
 It is strange, but maybe we can pick it up and run with the ball ...

>  http://ovcam.org/ov511/
 It currently does not, but again, I will take a look at the source ...

>  (Note it may need some work to run on the latest versions of the kernel)
 Mmm ... Will see how far I get ...

>   > - 046d:08c2 Logitech, Inc.
>  should be supported by the uvcvideo module.
 Again, I'm out of luck.  It picks up the webcam, loads the module,
but it does not work ... Even tried the SVN update ... Seems I'm just
a little out of luck ...

 Thanks for the reply ...

Mailed
LeeT