de-modularising for the win!

Dave Jones davej at redhat.com
Thu Sep 18 22:35:19 UTC 2008

On Thu, Sep 18, 2008 at 04:27:50PM -0500, Matt Domsch wrote:

 > This _is_ Fedora we're talking about, not RHEL, right? :-)
 > /me has had to replace way too many kernel modules from RHEL, which
 > can't be done if it's built-in.

The thing is, Dell or any other vendor having to ship their
own module is to me a sign of a failing in the RHEL process that we
can't get fastpath pre-next-U release packages out fast enough.
THAT should be fixed rather than holding back Fedora
(or even RHEL, as it would be a shame that it couldn't take
 advantage of these wins)

	Dave

--
http://www.codemonkey.org.uk