rawhide patches.

Adam Jackson ajax at redhat.com
Mon Sep 29 17:52:54 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2008-09-25 at 14:57 -0400, Dave Jones wrote:

> linux-2.6-net-silence-noisy-printks.patch
> linux-2.6-piix3-silence-quirk.patch
> linux-2.6-quiet-iommu.patch
> linux-2.6-silence-acpi-blacklist.patch
> linux-2.6-silence-fbcon-logo.patch
> linux-2.6-silence-noise.patch
> 	Fedora local 'hush' patches.

I did a good number of these (and added another one today).  The PIIX3
and ACPI ones are plausible for upstream, I'll resend them.

The IOMMU one is possibly controversial, but I've seriously never seen
any machine ever where there's a BIOS option to make those messages go
away.  I suppose I should fire it at lkml just to generate flames.

I also added one today to shut up the KERNEL ALIVE on amd64.  I think
notting had a better version of this?  I just ripped them out, they
could probably be redone in such a way that they honor 'quiet' on the
command line but I really can't see the point of having them at all.

- ajax