2.6.18.1 linux hangs

rheneus.paul at gmail.com rheneus.paul at gmail.com
Thu Apr 30 07:07:09 UTC 2009

In FC6, some times the linux hangs at bootup after the "Uncompressing
linux ..." and before the "Red Hat nash version ..".

It's not happening always, I've enabled kernel debug and loglevel to print
more detailed information. If it hangs again, I would attach the detailed
log information.

Throw some light on what could be the issue, so that I can debug more on
this.

CPU info:
# cat /proc/cpuinfo
processor : 0
vendor_id : GenuineIntel
cpu family : 6
model : 14
model name : Intel(R) Core(TM) Duo CPU U2500 @ 1.20GHz
stepping : 12
cpu MHz : 1200.000
cache size : 2048 KB
physical id : 0
siblings : 2
core id : 0
cpu cores : 2
fdiv_bug : no
hlt_bug : no
f00f_bug : no
coma_bug : no
fpu : yes
fpu_exception : yes
cpuid level : 10
wp : yes
flags : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic mtrr pge mca cmov pat
clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe nx constant_tsc pni monitor
vmx est tm2 xtpr
bogomips : 2403.04

processor : 1
vendor_id : GenuineIntel
cpu family : 6
model : 14
model name : Intel(R) Core(TM) Duo CPU U2500 @ 1.20GHz
stepping : 12
cpu MHz : 1200.000
cache size : 2048 KB
physical id : 0
siblings : 2
core id : 1
cpu cores : 2
fdiv_bug : no
hlt_bug : no
f00f_bug : no
coma_bug : no
fpu : yes
fpu_exception : yes
cpuid level : 10
wp : yes
flags : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic mtrr pge mca cmov pat
clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe nx constant_tsc pni monitor
vmx est tm2 xtpr
bogomips : 2400.22

thanks in advance,
Antony Rheneus