(no subject)

Markus Kesaromous remotestar at live.com
Wed Aug 12 20:44:45 UTC 2009

Dear List,
I searched the ath9k source directory
/usr/src/redhat/BUILD/kernel-2.6.29/linux-2.6.29.i586/drivers/net/wireless/ath9k
for any strings that would hint/suggest support for the Atheros 9220/9223
chipset. I saw no such strings.

So, I emailed Atheros.com sales dept. and asked if they intend to provide an open
source driver for the AR9000 series chipsets, esp. the AR9220/AR9223. They replied that they already DO support the AR92xx chipset in the ath9k driver.

Before I go out and purchase the mini-pci card, is it true that the ath9k driver
has ineed been tested to fully support AR9220/AR9223 chipsets??

Thank you,

Markus