arch fun.

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Fri Feb 6 05:37:01 UTC 2009

On 05.02.2009 21:29, Dave Jones wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 05, 2009 at 03:22:55PM -0500, Prarit Bhargava wrote:
>
>> 2.  Will we eventually rename kernel-PAE.686 to kernel.686?
> I don't think we can,

It'd be nice to get a definite answer from the anaconda/yum crowd.

> otherwise someone with non-PAE 686's who
> does an update will suddenly find themselves unable to boot.

Well, that -PAE at the things for users of RPM Fusion a lot harder,
because they are used to "yum install kmod-foo" to get the kernel-module
"foo" installed; in the future they have to either use kmod-foo or
kmod-foo-PAE depending on what kernel they use.

Sure, that's not directly a Fedora problem. But it makes things more
complicated for Fedora users. Which imho not only is the wrong direction
-- it's wrose for the fame of Fedora, as people don't really
differentiate between Fedora and add-on repos. That's why I'd be glad if
we could get rid of the "-PAE"...

CU
knurd