[pkgdb] kernel: oliver has requested commit

Oliver Falk oliver at linux-kernel.at
Fri Feb 27 11:13:03 UTC 2009

Dave Jones wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 26, 2009 at 10:37:27PM +0100, Oliver Falk wrote:
>
>  > * Update Makefile.config to generate *alpha.config and *alpha-smp.config

I haven't attached this part, since it's quite clear how it will look
like...

>  > * Remove alphaev56 from spec, since nobody will support this subarch
>  > * Add a alpha section (%ifarch alpha), defining all the with_* macros
>  >    - We/I should maybe rework this part...
>  > * Fix alpha target, and kernel_image*

See attached specfile diffs (diff -cp).

Notes:
* buildid change will of course not go to the cvs
* The with_* defines, might be better!? Suggestions are welcome!
* Source100 and Source101 for config-alpha* is OK for you?
* Alpha-specific patches that are commented out will be removed before
commit!
* Changelog will be updated to give more information.

>  > * Add config-alpha-generic and config-alpha-smp
>
> ok

Attached as config-alpha-generic-$DIST

config-alpha-smp contains only the following two lines:
CONFIG_SMP=y
CONFIG_NR_CPUS=16

I know you're going to tell me that I have to rework the
config-alpha-generic to use the config-generic.

And yes, I'll do that as the next step, but for now, may I check it in
as it is?

>  > * And the current patches for F-9:
>  > - linux-2.6.28-alpha-exec_range.patch
>  >    + Add execshield dummy functions for alpha
>
> just fold this into the regular execshield diff

No problem. Since it's a diff against alpha/include/asm/pgalloc.h, I can
easily integrate this hunk into the execshield.patch.

>  > - linux-2.6-alpha-pci_get_bus_and_slot.patch
>  >    + include pci_get_bus_and_slot for alpha
>
> upstreamable?

Yes. Also one of the next steps. :-)

>  > - linux-2.6-alpha-eepro100-cleanup.patch
>  >    + cleanup extraneous "freeing mc frame" message from driver
>  >    + This is obsolete (with >= 2.6.29) AFAIK, driver dropped!?
>  >      + Since new driver (e100) shows the same problem, Jay E. will try
>  >        to fix the new one and/or get in contact with upstream
>  >        maintainer
>
> yeah, e100 should support everything that eepro100 did now, and
> do a better job at it too.

Well, e100 has problems on alpha, that's why we used to patch eepro100.
However. I guess we can fix this together with upstream. Jay, you
volunteered!? :-)

>  > - linux-2.6.28-alpha-pci.h.patch
>  > - linux-2.6-alpha-pci.c.patch
>  >    + Platform support for /proc/bus/pci/X/Y mmap()s
>  >      + define HAVE_PCI_MMAP
>  >      + extern int pci_mmap_page_range
>
> also upstreamable?

Yes, of course! If Jay hasn't already done that, we really need to.

>  > I can send patches to fedora-kernel-list tomorrow, when I'm back to
>  > office. Also a diff to the current F-9 and F-10 spec.
>
> cool. I'll add your acl. It'll take a while to propagate anyway.

Thx a lot Dave for your trust!

I'm not going to commit anything until I have your *GO*...

-of