f11 ppc64 woes

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Sat Jun 6 14:29:48 UTC 2009

On Sat, 2009-06-06 at 09:54 -0400, Josh Boyer wrote:
> ybin isn't needed on the powerstation iirc.  Anyway, that is indeed odd.
>
> We should have Tony take a look at this if possible.  Or if David can remeber
> how to do a netboot directly from OF (and skipping yaboot), that would be a
> good test too.

/usr/sbin/wrapper -o zImage /boot/vmlinuz-2.6.29.4-167.fc11.ppc64 \
 -i /boot/initrd-2.6.29.4-167.fc11.ppc64.img

Give resulting zImage to OpenFirmware.

Various versions of OF have different bugs with that (image size, etc.)
but I think the PowerStation ought to be fine.

You could also try using kexec -- that should help eliminate yaboot bugs
too.

David.Woodhouse at intel.com                              Intel Corporation