Compiling kernel-2.6.30.5-43.fc11.src.rpm

Christopher Brown snecklifter at gmail.com
Tue Sep 8 12:25:56 UTC 2009

2009/9/8 Markus Kesaromous <remotestar at live.com>:

>> Date: Mon, 7 Sep 2009 18:17:38 -0400
>> From: jwboyer at gmail.com
>> To: remotestar at live.com
>> CC: fedora-kernel-list at redhat.com
>> Subject: Re: Compiling kernel-2.6.30.5-43.fc11.src.rpm
>>
>> On Mon, Sep 07, 2009 at 02:27:24PM -0700, Markus Kesaromous wrote:
>>>
>>>Still not fixed:
>>>
>>>arch/x86/kernel/pvclock.c:63:7: warning: "__x86_64__" is not defined
>>
>> Please stop posting such messages here.
>>
>> josh
>
> Why?
> What gives you the right to say what gets posted or does not get posted  here ?
>
> This is the fedora kernel list. I posted an issue with the latest fedora kernel source.

No, you didn't. The latest fedora kernel source is found in rawhide.

> If you have a problem with that, I strongly encourage you to unsubscribe from this list.

The problem Markus is that you have already had your query responded
to and it took me a very small amount of time to discover the problem
was fixed in 2.6.31. Messages like the ones above detract from
people's time spent developing the kernel and as such you were asked
to not post messages of this nature. Please respect that -
contributions such as patches to enable the kernel to build are most
welcome however.

Regards

--
Christopher Brown