latitude d620

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Tue Jul 11 17:09:13 UTC 2006

Jaroslaw Gorny schrieb:
> Dnia wtorek, 11 lipca 2006 18:21, Thorsten Leemhuis napisał:
>> shmuel siegel schrieb:
>>> Are the lattitude d620 screen resolution problems and sound problems
>>> being officially addressed? I have seen unofficial fixes using
>>> 915resolution for how to get fedora to recognize the wide screen on the
>>> laptop
>> FC6 hopefully will fix it with a experimental i180-driver that's already
>> in rawhide and will be in FC6T2.
>
> I've ported xorg-x11-drv-i810 version 1.6.0-3 from Rawhide to FC5 (it required
> recompiling of several other packages.
> I see a progress -> card is detected and acceleration works quite well.
> However 915resolution is still required (or have I messed it totally up?;
> it's damn hot here these days).

I meant the modesetting branch -- see
http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/development/source/SRPMS/xorg-x11-drv-i810-1.6.0-6.modeset20060707.src.rpm

>>> but I haven't seen any solutions to the sound system problem.
>>> Sound works through the headphones but not through the speakers.
>>> See this page for a description of the problems.
>> This should be reported upstream (e.g. alsa developers,
>> www.alsa-project.org). This is not an area where Fedora developers fix
>> bugs ormally
> Yes, You're right, they _should_ fix it ;)
> I tried to get some help (or to help with investigating what's wrong) on
> alsa-user mailing list, but with no interest from the devs.

Try harder. Report a bug. Nearly each of the last four or five new
alsa-versions/kernel contained added some machine/codec specific
workarounds iirc.

Fedora Devs probably won't fix it. Their mantra is "upstream" for things
like this.

CU
thl