Laptop improvement

Jindrich Novy jnovy at redhat.com
Wed Oct 11 17:53:03 UTC 2006

Hi,

I'm forwarding you an email from Martin Sebesta related to IBM T60
laptop issue:

> > I am using IBM T60 with FC5. When i switch to batteries, my fan
starts
> > > to operate on higher speed (i hear it) than usual, draining my battery
> > > totally empty in less than 2 hours.
> > > As i have installed Windows with VMware with FC 5 in it on the same
> > > maschine, i tried to work in FC on Windows. The battery lasted for more
> > > than 5 hours.
> > > In each case the battery was fully loaded on the beginning.
> > >
> > > Perhaps a tip for power-management improvement...

Any help is appreciated. I have to mention I see similar behavior
of my HP laptop when it's resurrected from software suspend sometimes
even on FC6. CPU load is at 100% immediately after waking the laptop up.
Did anyone from you experience similar problems? Is there known
any workaround?

Thanks,
Jindrich