Laptop improvement

Jindrich Novy jnovy at redhat.com
Mon Oct 23 14:22:14 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-10-17 at 14:26 -0400, Dave Jones wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 17, 2006 at 09:14:29AM +0200, Jindrich Novy wrote:
>  > > 3- does /proc/interrupts show an interrupt arriving at a ridiculously high rate?
>  >
>  > /proc/interrupts shows nothing suspicious, only timer and LOC increasing
>  > in the normal increment
>
> Does anything improve if you boot with nolapic ?

I had an access to Martin's laptop today, so we tried to boot it with
nolapic, but unfortunately the same results.

I have a good news related to my HP laptop issue. The problem was with
three months old FC5 kernel/packages, where for some reason acpid
started to use 100% of the CPU after waking up from hibernation and
didn't stop until the next reboot. The problem doesn't show up any more
after update to kernel-2.6.17-1.2187_FC5 and latest updates of the FC5
packages.

Jindrich