Win XP and Fedora Core 6

Kelly lightsolphoenix at gmail.com
Mon Apr 16 22:47:15 UTC 2007

On Monday, April 16, 2007 4:53 pm Oliver Ruebenacker wrote:
>      Dear friends,
>
>   I have a Dell Latitude D820 with Windows XP and Fedora Core 6. I
> want to have Win and Fedora able to access each others files. How do I
> do that? Thanks!
>
>      Take care
>      Oliver

On my laptop, I pulled this off using three partitions:
1)  Windows XP - FAT32 partition
2)  Fedora Core 6 - ext3 partition
3)  My Documents/home folder - ext2 partition

In case you didn't know, Linux can access FAT32 by default (and there are
plugins for NTFS, though I'm not sure how great they are at this point in
time), and there are drivers for Win2K/WinXP to access ext2/ext3 partitions
out there.  I use ext2 on my home folder because I noticed that periodically,
the Win2k driver has issues with ext3.

--
http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/ - Get Firefox!
http://www.mozilla.org/products/thunderbird/ - Reclaim Your Inbox!