iwl3945 - any hints with F7?

Ian Malone ibmalone at gmail.com
Tue Aug 28 21:51:20 UTC 2007

Jaroslaw Gorny wrote:
> Sunday 26 of August 2007 03:39:22 disposablemk-redhatml at yahoo.com napisał(a):
>> Mike,
>>
>> I never did get iwlwifi working well.  I ended up switching to the old
>> ipw3945 driver.
>
> Me too.
> With iwlwifi, I've never managed even to activate wifi card ("wifi" LED
> remains off all the time).
> Last time I've tried was kernel-2.6.22.1-41.fc7

iwl3945 worked for me even off the Live CD (i.e. Fedora 7
release kernel), with two caveats:
1. The wifi LED didn't light up.
2. I couldn't reliably associate with open networks, though
    that seemed to be a NetworkManager+iwl3945 problem.

I haven't checked recently, but I think 2. has improved.
I ended up using ipw3945 for a long time simply because
I installed it while trying to get the open networks thing
going (didn't help at the time).

--
imalone