Frustrated

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Fri Jan 12 02:27:03 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-01-09 at 20:10 -0600, draykko at verizon.net wrote:
> I'm trying to D/L and install Fedora 6 to my laptop, but after I burn
> the image to a CD and put the CD in my drive, the system doesn't boot
> off the CD. I've already checked that the BIOS is set to boot from the
> CD. I have a feeling that the way I burned the image was incorrect, so
> what I need to know is:
>
> How do I burn the image files so that the computer will boot, off the
> CD?
>
> I have checked all over the RedHat site for instructions on how do to
> this, and I've even consulted my RedHat Fedora Core 2 Bible (yes I've
> still got Fedora Core 2 on my Laptop).
>
> Please note that I'm quite spoiled, and coming froma Windows
> background I expect STEP-BY-STEP instructions on how to do this, since
> unlike Windoze, Linux is VERY complex in how we install programs.
>
> Any help you can offer would be GREATLY APPRECIATED.

There is a document filed alongside the ISO images on most web mirrors,
called README-BURNING-ISOS.txt -- you might want to read it for more
information:

http://mirror.hiwaay.net/pub/fedora/linux/core/6/i386/iso/README-BURNING-ISOS-en_US.txt

This comes straight from the wiki version:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Docs/Drafts/BurningDiscs