Dlink DWL-G650 driver for Fedora 6

Bobby Meeker bobby_meeker at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 30 05:56:30 UTC 2007

Hi.

I just installed Fedora 6 on my IBM thinkpad 600x.   I'm a computer engineer by trade and have often worked in Unix development environments, but this is my first foray into the realm of Linux.

I have a dlink DWL-650 (revB) PCMCIA wireless card which I want to use to connect to the internet.   My labtop is pretty useless to me if I cant get online.

Trouble is I can not seem to be able to find a linux driver for this card.   I queried DLINK and got forwarded to the madwifi.org site.  But their drivers only seem to work with a Atheros chipset, which I do not have.   I tried anyways and sure enough the make failed.

Does anybody have any suggestions on how I might be able to make my DWL-650 card work with Linux?    Does anybody know of PCMCIA wireless cards that come with linux drivers/support?

Thanks
bobby

"In times of change, learners inherit the earth"
   -- Erich Fromm