Targus Bluetooth Mouse Trouble...

Dylan Ward dylan.ward at emmitsolutions.com
Sun Jul 1 12:47:02 UTC 2007

Hello to all...

I am having desperate trouble getting my bluetooth up and running.  In
particular, I am trying to link a Targus Bluetooth Mouse (model:
AMB0301EU...).  But (there is always a but...), I seem to be unable to
scan any devices.  I have followed every bit of advice in, probably,
every forum I could Google to no avail.

I have a Toshiba Portege M400 Tablet PC.  According to all that I have
read, I should be up and working.  I know that I have missed the joke
and have not set up something, but I am at a loss as to what that is.

Bluez-utils and Gnome-Bluetooth are both installed and you can see
Bluetooth services firing up during the boot.

I am no Guru, but I am not a complete newbie either.  I have exhausted
every effort and still no joy.  Any help that can be provided would be
greatly appreciated.  I apologise in advance if this topic was covered
before.

Regards,

Dylan