Thinkpad T41p success story

Joe Desbonnet joe at galway.net
Wed Jun 6 01:56:16 UTC 2007

I just installed Fedora 7 on my Thinkpad T41p. I think this is the
first time in years that the install worked flawlessly first time and
that all the important hardware is functional "out of the box".. I
have hibernate, suspend, sound, bluetooth, WiFi (via the madwifi
drivers on livna), video (courtesy mplayer). I suspect the TV out
won't work without the proprietary video drivers, but that is not
essential for me right now.

The last time something like that happened was back in the previous
century with something like Redhat 5 on a Gateway Solo laptop.

UI looks nice and better organised than before. I'm also impressed by
the hardware profile request at install time -- I think that will be a
useful resource.

A big step forward. Congrats to the Fedora team on what looks like an
excellent product.

Joe.