Network problems with kernel 2.6.21

Frank Rosendahl frank at rosendahl.dyndns.org
Fri Jun 8 09:21:10 UTC 2007

Hi!

I think I missed some informations, because I have a problem with kernel
2.6.21 an the network.

I use a IBM X30 Notebook with eth0 = e100 and wlan = airo.

I have a fedora 6 installation updated to version 7

When I start my notebook with the fc6 kernel 2.6.20 (doesn't matter which
subrelease) I have no problems to connect with the ethernet card or the wlan
card to my network with dhcp.

So... I reboot my machine with the fc7 kernel 2.6.21. It seems to work, but
neither my ethernet card nor my wlan card gets a connection!
The wlan card gets configured with iwconfig and the right parameters.
But on both interfaces ethernet and wlan I get no network connection.

No firewall and no selinux is activated!

Now the very interesting thing:

When I only reboot the machine an start it with the old fc6 kernel the network
still not work! It seems like "frozen". I have to poweroff the notebook and
start it again!

I know there is a new wireless-stack in kernel 2.6.21, but I don't understand,
why also my ethernet doesn't work!

What could it be?

Thank's!

--
Gruß

Frank Rosendahl

Fingerprint: 7506 6D0F 2C79 09A6 A8CF E51D BEF0 0279 A989 8450