Fedora 6 on Acer Aspire 1694WLMi

Matej Cepl mcepl at redhat.com
Tue Mar 27 20:55:00 UTC 2007

Martina Egger píše v Út 27. 03. 2007 v 19:10 +0200:
> thank you all for your help. I downloaded the latest respin FC6 from
> the Fedora Unity, and installed in text-mode. Installation worked
> well. But after the restart, it is not possible to go into the system
> in graphic mode. When I try to start X11, I get a black screen ......
> Does anyone of you has an idea, if I should change some settings in
> the xorg.conf, or if I could do something else?

Hi,

is this clean install (i.e., there was no Linux before on that disk), or
upgrade? If the later, could you try to rename /etc/X11/xorg.conf to
something else, and restart? Xorg should automagically detect everything
necessary. If not, then please file a bug to http://bugzilla.redhat.com,
product Fedora Core, component xorg-x11, and attach to the bug
uncompressed original /etc/X11/xorg.conf, and then /var/log/Xorg.*.log
before and after the experiment.

Thanks a lot,

Matěj Cepl