Dell Latitude 131L and Fedora 8

Al Thompson biggles58 at sbcglobal.net
Mon Nov 5 20:14:37 UTC 2007

----- Original Message ----
From: Fabio Tust <fabiotust at gmail.com>
To: fedora-laptop-list at redhat.com
Sent: Monday, November 5, 2007 12:14:12 PM
Subject: Dell Latitude 131L and Fedora 8

>I have a Dell 131L laptop running Fedora 7 x64, but the wifi don't work. My wifi is a Broadcom and >the driver is bcm43xx. I tried various tutorials on de web, using ndiswrapper or fwcutter and winxp >drivers, but don't getting sucess.

I'm having the same trouble with Fedora Core 7 on a Compaq laptop with a Broadcom internal wifi.  I can actually get as far as being able to configure it using iwconfig, and it will even scan for APs, and give me the results.  However, I cannot ping out of it, and the GUI steadfastly refuses to see it.

On a whim, I tried a USB wifi device, with the exact same results, so maybe it's not specific to the Broadcom device.

If you find an answer, post it here!