wireless

sheltraw at berkeley.edu sheltraw at berkeley.edu
Mon Oct 15 18:31:46 UTC 2007

Hi Jay

Thanks for the response. It does not have to be USB but I would prefer
it to be USB. I found this wireless linux site:

  http://linuxwireless.org/en/users/Devices/USB

which lists a number of USB wireless devices as being supported. Is this
not the case? Am I reading the list incorrectly?

Maybe the USB support is something new to the 2.6.23 kernel. The home
page for linuxwireless has the following news blurb dated Oct 10, 2007:

"Linux 2.6.23 was released today. On the wireless front, a variety of
fixes and improvements were contributed all over the place. The biggest
news items are the inclusion of the rtl8187 driver, which supports USB
devices based on the RTL8187 chipset, and zd1211rw enhancements to
support devices based on the Atheros AR5007UG USB chipset."

Which PCMCIA wireless adapter would you recommend?

Thanks Marv