iwl3945 - any hints with F7?

Luca Botti luca.botti.gentoo at gmail.com
Sat Sep 29 21:43:16 UTC 2007

Hi,

on my Dell Latitude D620 I am using the iwl3945 from kernel-2.6.22.5-76.fc7
without any problem.
The only issue is the led (not working anymore) but the connection is stable
and fast. More stable, i should note, than with ipw3945 which dropped
connections now and then.
I am using it all through the NetworkManager, and my home network is a WPA
protected network.
Also, i updated the kernel with every release, and worked beautifully.
By the way I should note:

 - Suspend to ram works with nvidia
 - Compiz-fusion works beautifully
 - The issue with virtual consoles, nvidia and suspend to ram went away with
the latest nvidia driver.

Contact me for details.