problem from ttyX to Gnome

Andrew Farris lordmorgul at gmail.com
Thu Aug 21 23:39:45 UTC 2008

On 20 Aug 2008, at 6:31 AM, albertito wrote:

> hi,
>
> I'm trying to change from gnome to tty, and backwards.
>
> I have seen in my system that dissapear the icons in the statusbar
> when
> I come back from ttyX.
>
> my kernel is ("uname -a") 2.6.25.14-108.fc9.i686, and my laptop is a
> Dell Inspiron.

What programs are disappearing?  Are they still running afterward?
You can find out what they are by checking the right click menus on
those icons.  Once you know what program it is, change to your tty and
back to gnome, then check if it is still running by using ps.

Andrew Farris <lordmorgul at gmail.com>
  gpg 0x8300BF29 fingerprint 071D FFE0 4CBC 13FC 7DEB  5BD5 5F89 8E1B
8300 BF29
http://www.lordmorgul.net