FC6 to FC8 Upgrade problem

Trevor Goldsmith info at goldsmith.ie
Thu Feb 7 19:47:36 UTC 2008

Hi,

I'm trying to upgrade FC6 to FC8 but the installation simply stops when
checking the dependencies for the selected packages.
It gets to about 25% then just sits there doing nothing. There are no
error messages or anything.
This is not the first time I have encountered this problem when trying
to upgrade one version to another and is normally resolved by doing a
clean install, however I don't want to have to do that this time.

Anybody know how to make the upgrade work?

Thanks

Trevor