problem with ALPS touchpad (Toshiba Satellite) and Gsynaptics

udutronik Tronik udutronik at gmail.com
Mon Feb 25 21:49:58 UTC 2008

here is my xorg.conf file : please note that the "synaptics" section was
added by myself (so not created by system)

# Xorg configuration created by system-config-display

Section "ServerLayout"
    Identifier     "single head configuration"
    Screen      0  "Screen0" 0 0
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
    Identifier     "Synaptics"
    Driver         "synaptics"
    Option         "Device" "/dev/input/mice"
    Option         "Protocol" "auto-dev"
    Option         "Emulate3Buttons" "yes"
    Option         "SHMConfig""true"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
    Identifier  "Keyboard0"
    Driver      "kbd"
    Option        "XkbModel" "pc105"
    Option        "XkbLayout" "ca(fr)"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
    Identifier   "Monitor0"
    ModelName    "Monitor 1280x1024"
    HorizSync    31.5 - 81.0
    VertRefresh  50.0 - 75.0
    Option        "dpms"
EndSection

Section "Device"
    Identifier  "Videocard0"
    Driver      "intel"
EndSection

Section "Screen"
    Identifier "Screen0"
    Device     "Videocard0"
    Monitor    "Monitor0"
    DefaultDepth     24
    SubSection "Display"
        Viewport   0 0
        Depth     24
        Modes    "1152x768" "1024x768" "800x600" "640x480"
    EndSubSection
EndSection