Fedora 8 install failure

Anders Hartman andha at melerit.se
Mon Feb 25 23:34:01 UTC 2008

Hello,

I'm trying to install Fedora 8 x86_64 on my HP Compaq 8710p laptop.
The DVD boots fine, I tell the install to do a new install, come to the
blue screen that
loads some drivers and end up at the disk check requester. After the
check is done (or skipped),
/sbin/loader blows me away with a SIGSEGV error and shuts down the system.

I have also tried to install Ubuntu 7.10 and OpenSUSE 10.3. They install
and works flawlessly.
However, I'm a Fedora guy ;-)

Any suggestions?
Some system facts:

Intel Core 2 Duo CPU T7700 @ 2.40GHz
4 GB RAM
ST9120823AS hard disc
NVIDIA Quadro NVS 320M graphics card
TSSTcorp CD/DVDW TS-L632M
Intel 82566MM Gigabit LAN
Intel WiFi Link 4965AG

Additional info

The Fedora 8 KDE LIVE CD/DVD seems to boot up just fine. Can't make a
clean (swedish) install with this though.

/andha