Dell Inspiron 600m / Switching LCD/CRT

Max Pyziur pyz at brama.com
Sun Jan 6 17:19:38 UTC 2008

Greetings,

Is there a way of switching between the LCD and CRT on a Dell Inspiron
600m?

The video specific output from lcpic -v:
01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc Radeon R250
[Mobility FireGL 9000] (rev 02) (prog-if 00 [VGA])
         Subsystem: Dell Unknown device 011e
         Flags: bus master, VGA palette snoop, stepping, 66MHz, medium
devsel, latency 32, IRQ 11
         Memory at e8000000 (32-bit, prefetchable) [size=128M]
         I/O ports at c000 [size=256]
         Memory at fcff0000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=64K]
         [virtual] Expansion ROM at fc000000 [disabled] [size=128K]
         Capabilities: [58] AGP version 2.0

I've done a clean installation of F8. I have radeontool installed. I can
get it to turn off the LCD, but I can't get it to deliver output to the
CRT port.

On bootup, I can use Fn+F8 (CRT/LCD) and see that the flip can be done.
However, it disappears after the splash screen disappears.

I've done some searching via google and the ubuntu pages mention the use
of i810switch. However, there are no i810switch rpms on Fedora sites.
There are some older source packages available on the DAG repository for
older versions of Redhat/FC*. Is the i810switch the one which should be
used?

Thanks in advance.

Max Pyziur
pyz at brama.com