Dell Vostro 1500n with Centos/RHEL-5.1

Ahmed Kamal email.ahmedkamal at googlemail.com
Sun Jan 6 21:59:50 UTC 2008

I really appologize for asking this here, but here is as close as I could
get. Most people only regard rhel/centos as server OS, and most bloggers
will only install ubuntu on their laptops :)
I know the "if one Linux runs, others will probably run after it" rule.
Thing is, Gentoo is super bleeding edge, and Ubuntu with patches and
unofficial drivers is again bleeding edge, and that's not giving me a "cool
feeling" rhel5 (is it what, almost one year old already OMG) is probably
going to run!
Greatly appreciating any first hand impressions
PS: I will check my email every 12 hours or so, so throw whatever you've got
at me

Thanks guys and best regards