Dell Vostro 1500n with Centos/RHEL-5.1

Matthias Kranz matthiaskranz at gmx.de
Mon Jan 7 09:32:18 UTC 2008

On Sun, 2008-01-06 at 23:43 +0200, Ahmed Kamal wrote:
> Hi List,
> I would like to know any experience regarding installing
> Centos/RHEL-5.1 on Dell Vostro 1500n. I am probably buying this laptop
> soon, and I intend to run Linux on it (mainly RHEL/Centos) not fedora
> because that's what my ISV supports :( I'm skeptical as to whether
> this laptop will run Linux happily? Google only told me Gentoo and
> recent Ubuntu can probably run, but can someone please share his
> experience intalling/running centos/rhel on it.

I think you have some options:

o Post this kind of question directly to

o Check Linux on Laptops web sites, like http://www.linux-laptop.net or
http://www.tuxmobil.org for your specific laptop model. Even if there
not yet a link for RHEL5/CentOS5 you will probably find lots of useful
hints and possible pitfalls.

Cheers,
Matthias
--