two monitors

David M. Lee leedm777 at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 18 14:32:16 UTC 2008

> From: dhhb2304 <dhhb2304 at quicknet.nl>
>
> On 27-11-2007 I posted a message on this subject with a
> solution.

 You'll
> find the information below. However, not being able to get a better
> resolution on the second monitor, I stopped trying to get it right, it
> simply took me too much time. Maybe you can find out more.
> NB. Since I have a graphics card from ATI, I don know what driver will
> work for you.

Thanks for the advice.  I tweaked your config to work for my Intel chipset, with not-so-happy results.

If I set the driver to 'intel', I get single screen out the DVI.  However, whenever the screen saver pops up, X exits and take me back to the login screen.  If I set the driver to 'vesa', I get single screen out the VGA.  But when I boot disconnected from the docking station, video on the LCD is 800x600.

dave
<><