installing fedora 8 in compaq presario v3425au

Miguel Ángel Pérez mangelp at gmail.com
Mon Mar 31 09:51:55 UTC 2008

Hi rimzy,

Usually people first installs and then worries about what doesn't works out
of the box :p, because this way you can execute some tests or find required
information to configure things.

A linux distro is not like windows, the kernel is built with a lot of driver
modules so hopefully you will get support for every piece of hardware
compatible with some driver module.

After installing you should add a third party repository like livna to get
packages with nvidia drivers for your card, mp3, and that sort of not open
things. The wireless and ethernet devices will be automatically detected and
supported (hopefully), but i should not make any guess about the softmodem
as they can be very troublesome.

Good luck and regards.