upgrade to fedora 9 on Asus

Kae Verens kae at verens.com
Tue May 20 15:27:13 UTC 2008

Petru Rebeja wrote:
 > Hi everyone!
 > I've just upgraded my Fedora 8 (which was working very good) to
Fedora 9 and I can't start X server. the message i get: No screens found.
 > Does anyone have an idea on how to solve this?
 > Thanks!

if it's the same problem I had (nvidia driver not working with new xorg
server), then you need to boot into init level 3 and start X using:
startx -- -ignoreABI

there're a few ways around that (to do it in normal level 5) but I
usually start from 3 anyway so haven't looked into it further.

--
Kae Verens' signature
http://webworks.ie/    lead programmer