Anyone else have a T42 /w Fedora?

gene geneh at shaw.ca
Thu May 22 21:36:29 UTC 2008

Hi Kai.. I did alittle research just now and unfortunately this is due to a
hardware limitation.  Compiz makes a texture out of the entire desktop and
apparently a single texture must fit into the video card's memory.  The
maximum texture size that can fit in the radeon 7500's memory is 2048x2048,
which is alittle smaller then the virtual desktops we are working with.

I did find if you install driconf, execute it, and enable large texture
support, I can do two 1024x768 desktops with the effects enabled.

I thought I could do without the effects but I *HATE* the default task
switcher.

So I will be making do with dual 1024x768 most of the time.