Sound on laptop docking station

Rui Tiago Cação Matos tiagomatos at gmail.com
Thu Feb 19 09:25:48 UTC 2009

2009/2/19 William M. Quarles <walrus at bellsouth.net>:
> Does anybody know which software component might be responsible for this
> kind of switching (e.g. kernel, ALSA stuff, jack stuff, etc.) so that I
> might be able to submit a Bugzilla feature request somewhere?

I think it's the kernel ALSA driver, so I would file it on the kernel
package. Someone will reassign it if it isn't the case, I'm sure.

What I'm not sure is if someone will be able to fix it without having
the hardware and/or documentation about it. I think there are some
Dell employees in the Fedora comunity, maybe they can help in that
case?

Btw, if you file it, please tell us the bugzilla number.

Rui