FC10 Apple Macbook Pro

Rupak kumar Bag rupak.bag at gmail.com
Wed Jan 7 16:54:49 UTC 2009

Hi All,

I have FC10 install on Macbook Pro(15'') with Nvidia GeForce 8600M
GT. Fedora rocks even on apple hardware, however I have two question.

1)

Why do we have two different applications to control screen resolution.
System->administration->display(1024x768)
System->Preferences->Hardware->screen resolution (1440x900)

As shown in brackets, both of these controls show different resolution. I am
not sure what is happening. Can anyone throw some light on this please?

2) Is there a way to achieve any higher resolution than 1400x900?

Thanks for your time,
Rupak