permanently setting ` gpointing-device-settings`

john maclean jayeola at gmail.com
Thu Nov 26 00:51:34 UTC 2009

xinput --set-prop "AlpsPS/2 ALPS DualPoint TouchPad" "Synaptics Off" 1

Apparently there's stuff in /usr/share/hal/fdi/policy/ to play with so
that this becomes permanent. No time so will make it an alias, run it
20 times, get bored of running the alias and actually work out how to
make this change /stick/ ;-)