RFD: Alternative Release Support

Brian T. Brunner brian.t.brunner at gai-tronics.com
Wed Dec 3 14:21:37 UTC 2003

If it were me carrying the load,
I'd support 7.3 since getting to 7.3 from 7.x seems fairly painless,
and my perception is that 7.x is fairly widely used.
Getting from 7.x to 8 appears to be difficult for enough folks that I'd
not push the 7.3 group to 8.0,
but going 8 to 9 seems to be both a smaller set of people and less
painful, so the next thing I'd support is 9.
If I were to add a third supported point it would be 6.latest, not 8.

The theory is to maintain hold-points where moving up to the next
release is relatively
more painful than was getting to the hold-point.

which version(s) of Fedora to consider hold-points I can't at this time
guess.

Brian Brunner
brian.t.brunner at gai-tronics.com
(610)796-5838

>>> rcaskey at uga.edu 12/02/03 08:55PM >>>
Oky, thought I would check in now that everyone has had a few days to
digest things.

Now is the time for discussion!

the system manager.

for the presence of computer viruses.