fedora-l] Re: Novell/progeny to take up redhat legacy services

R P Herrold herrold at owlriver.com
Thu Dec 4 12:54:04 UTC 2003

On Thu, 4 Dec 2003, Andreas Thienemann wrote:

> > Let's face it though, Fedora as is now will never be a server platform,
> > nor is that the intention.
> Huh? Since when?

> Care to elaborate on this (false I hope) impression?

see bottom of:
    http://fedora.redhat.com/about/objectives.html

Non-Objectives of Fedora Core:

   1. Slow rate of change.

   2. Enabling commercial support, particularly Service Level
Agreements.

I prefer my server platforms capable of being commercial
supported (as I do so), particularly Service Level Agreements,
and with a slow rate of change.  Others thought may vary.

-- Russ Herrold