Novell/progeny to take up redhat legacy services

Fri Dec 5 21:06:36 UTC 2003

> The GPL does not override service licence agreements either. Meaning, that
> while you could copy the software freely, you are not permitted to install
> and run the product on more than the purchased number of licenced
> machines. Doing so would be in violation of your SLA.

GPL Section 4
  4. You may not copy, modify, sublicense, or distribute the Program
except as expressly provided under this License.  Any attempt
otherwise to copy, modify, sublicense or distribute the Program is
void, and will automatically terminate your rights under this License.
However, parties who have received copies, or rights, from you under
this License will not have their licenses terminated so long as such
parties remain in full compliance.

Wouldn't the SLA be in violation of my rights to the code?