build

Wade Maxfield maxfield at one.ctelcom.net
Mon Dec 8 19:40:14 UTC 2003

  Well, in this case, rpm did not require rpmbuild to be upgraded before I
upgraded it to 4.1.1.   It did require popt, and one other.  :)

  I don't do --nodeps unless I'm installing a package that really isn't
tied into what it is requiring. This is usually due installing an rpm that
requires an older /lib/libblah.so.0 and only /lib/libblah.so.2 is
available.

  I then make the softlink for .so.0, install with --nodeps and then see
if it runs.  If it doesn't, then the package is removed.

:)