RPM upgrade discussion

Chuck Wolber chuckw at quantumlinux.com
Tue Dec 30 10:07:44 UTC 2003

> > RPM 4.0.4 is just so damn stable, it'd be hard to risk an upgrade.
> > Also, I must express a bit of ignorance here when it comes to yum, as
> > I didn't realize that *adding* yum would require an RPM upgrade.
>
> The only issue is yum-1.x is the only version that works with rpm-4.0.4.

Is there a changelog that covers the delta between yum-1 and yum-2? Or
more to the point, can we live with this?

-Chuck

--
Quantum Linux Laboratories - ACCELERATING Business with Open Technology
   * Education			| -=^ Ad Astra Per Aspera ^=-
   * Support			| chuckw at quantumlinux.com

"You know what you get after putting 30 years into a company? You're
 looking at it." -Downsized CIO of a major insurance carrier.