[Fedora-legacy-list] Re: Delay? Looks bad for Fedora

Xose Vazquez Perez xose at wanadoo.es
Wed Nov 5 02:09:25 UTC 2003

Jesse Keating wrote:

this comes from fedora-test-list at redhat.com

> Think of it as a 1-2-3-out method.
>
> Nov: FC 1 is released.
> May: FC 2 is released.
> Jul: RH drops FC 1 support, Legacy picks it up.
> Nov: FC 3 is released
> Jan: RH drops FC 2 support, Legacy picks it up, release FC1 becomes
> deprecated.
> May: FC 4 is released
> Jul: RH drops FC 3 support, Legacy picks it up.
> Jul~Aug: Legacy drops support for FC1
>
> lather, rinse, repeat.
>
> RHL 7.3 and 9 are special cases, and will continue to be supported by
> Legacy for as long as there is community interest in said errata.

I see a lot of people bad informed about Red Hat EOL and Fedora Legacy.
It would be necessary to prepare an 'official announce' about Legacy Project
to send out there(fedora list, lwn, linux today, ml, ....). aims of
the project, how to help, expected distributions lifetime ...

--
HTML mails are going to trash automagically