[Fedora-legacy-list] Re: Delay? Looks bad for Fedora

Warren Togami warren at togami.com
Wed Nov 5 16:11:37 UTC 2003

On Wed, 2003-11-05 at 06:51, Jesse Keating wrote:
> And no, when Warren first brought up the idea, the support for 7.3 and 9
> were not discussed.  Red Hat did not know that this was a goal at first,
> but they do now.  They are helping us as much as they can so that we can
> launch our server by the end of this month, and launch services in
> December when 7.3 goes EOL.

Only a slight correction, older distributions were originally going to
be *eventually* supported in the original fedora.us if the developers
appeared.  Legacy was the logical extension from fedora.us, and my
original Legacy proposal actually didn't even think about FC since it
was more than a year away.  I was thinking of the older RH distributions
first since it would be more immediate.

Warren