[Fedora-legacy-list] Supported versions

Carlos Villegas villegas at math.gatech.edu
Thu Nov 6 23:30:51 UTC 2003

On Fri, Nov 07, 2003 at 12:04:32AM +0100, Xose Vazquez Perez wrote:
> Peter Peltonen wrote:
>
> > Why not RH 7.2? If the 7.3 updates are going to be ported from AS which
> > is based on 7.2, it should be trivial to provide updates for 7.2
> > also...?
>
> but, who are going to do the job? This is a *volunteer project*

This gave me an idea, clearly we are all interested on different versions,
I believe the easiest way to determine which versions will be supported
is something along this lines:

Create a "register" of volunteers for each version, this can be in the
wiki or elsewhere, in which someone can go and say I'm willing to volunteer
time/machines/QA/all for x,y and z versions. This can be easily counted,
and then on each version the interested parties can be counted, and
thus the feasability is seen immediately, rather than by arguments as
which version is "certified" by this or that company.

So far:

- Seth mentioned his intentions in 7.3 and 9
- I mention my intentions in 9 for "all" (creating errata, compiling
	them and QA of others' errata)

This should be trivial to do with a webform and PHP or perl and some
simple db, I could make it, in case the wiki is not useful for this.

Carlos