fedora-legacy agrees to enforce rpm upgrades? (was: Warren's Package Naming Proposal - Revision 1)

Eric Rostetter rostetter at mail.utexas.edu
Fri Nov 7 18:04:27 UTC 2003

Quoting Johannes Erdfelt <johannes at erdfelt.com>:

> I haven't followed the discussion closely and I think I joined the list
> in the middle of the discussion, but I imagine that those in favor of
> an RPM upgrade have a specific set of bugs in mind. Perhaps for a
> specific version of Red Hat. Were those listed previously on the list?

There are specific bugs in RH8/9 which would be fixed.  But the other
thing is it would make it much easier to maintain RPMS if we all used
the same RPM versions.  So basically this is, IMHO, a "make it easier
to maintain RPMS" for the developer than a "fix bugs the user will see"
kind of thing.  Obviously, in the end, both are important.